Sneezing, and running nose can irritate anyone to heights. Cold can cause fever, headache and body pain, and all you wish to do is stay in bed curled up in a blanket. But, that’s only possible when you can afford to miss office just for a common cold! Being in air conditioned office, and concentrating at work with a throbbing head is not a great idea. So, what should you do when you need to be at work place while suffering from cold? It’s much simpler than you think. Follow some simple home remedies such as keeping yourself fully hydrated. Taking warm fluids is one of the best ways to sooth throat irritation and beat cold. We have listed down some simple drink that you can do yourself.
1. Ginger and Lemon Tea With Honey
Ginger, the aromatic and pungent herb obtained from root of plant Zingiber officinale shows antimicrobial properties and is active against variety of infections.
DIY Ginger tea Recipe
1. Boil water
2. Add a pinch of tea powder and a slice of crushed ginger.
3. Add a spoonful of honey and a slice of freshly cut lemon.
4. Sip the warm drink slowly.
2. Herbal Teafusion With Ashwagandha, Ginseng and Green Tea
Four Fountains Labs has introduced special Herbal Teafusion that contains herbs with immune boosting properties. The best part is, this tea does not contain caffeine and so you can have it multiple times in a day. Herbal Teafusion contains a high level of polyphenol compound extracted from green tea.
DIY Herbal Teafusion recipe
1. Pour the content of pack in a glass
2. Add warm water
3. Vegetable Soup
The preparation of this soup may need some prior arrangement. Follow the recipe as given below.
DIY Vegetable Soup Recipe
1. Boil vegetables of your choice preferable potato, carrots, green peas, corn, etc.
2. Grind them in a mixer to make a smooth paste
3. In pan add a tablespoon vegetable oil, cumin seeds, spring onion, 1 tablespoon of finely cut garlic and ginger. Add the vegetable mixture. Add lemon grass if available.
4. Add salt to taste and bring it to boil.
5. Add crushed black pepper and consume while it is warm.
4. Turmeric Milk
Turmeric latte as accepted by the western countries, turmeric milk fondly known as the Golden Milk has been an age-old traditional Indian remedy for cough and cold.
DIY Golden Milk
1. Take a stick on turmeric rhizome that is available in vegetable market. (The turmeric powder may not be as effective as the turmeric stick)
2. Crush the rhizome coarsely and boil it with milk
3. Strain the milk, add a spoonful of honey and sprinkle some freshly powdered cinnamon or cardamom
5. A Mixed Herb and Spice Tea
This tea combines the goodness of herbs and spice that are known to sooth the sore throat and also boost immunity.
DIY Mixed Herb and Spice Tea
1. Bring water to boil in a kettle or pot.
2. Add a cinnamon stick, 2-3 cloves of cinnamon, a stick of turmeric, crushed slice of finger and juice of half lemon.
3. When boiled turn off the flame and add 1-2 tablespoon of honey.
Beat Cold & Cough With 5 Recipes Using Common Kitchen IngredientsJuly 28, 2016April 11, 2017